Study Abroad and Erasmus Students

Welcome to the UK! Studying abroad is an exciting time and gives you the opportunity not only to study in a new environment but to experience a different culture and way of life.  Your College or University in the UK will offer lots of advice and assistance through your department or your International Student Office to help you settle in quickly.

Where do I live? Halls or in a house share?

Although you will in most cases be able to stay in university accommodation (if that is what you want) Unipol Student Homes who work with your institution can offer alternative accommodation if you would like to stay in a house share or just investigate other options.

Unipol works with many international students each year who decide to look in the private sector and our range of available properties and locations is always popular.

Unipol has a number of properties of our own but also work with many private landlords and agencies who have been accredited under the Unipol Code. 

Your new home - be safe and secure with the Unipol Code

Put simply the Unipol Code is a way for students to identify landlords and agencies who have voluntarily signed up to be accountable in terms of physical and management standards. 

For you this means peace of mind and a place to come for help should you have any problems 

The Unipol Codes

So how do I start?

Use our property search

Our property search will allow you to search for properties by:

  • type
  • location - check out our area guides
  • distance from university
  • length of stay (This is particularly important if you are only coming to the UK for one semester.  To search by length of stay you will need to open up the advanced search and make a time selection under ‘Short Term Let?’)

Our property adverts will tell you if the property is accredited.  it's easy - just look for the symbols below and if you see this on an advert you will know your property is covered.

Unipol Code Properties (from left to right):
Student Halls
A Unipol owned or managed property Unipol
A privately owned shared property.


Q: I like a property - what do I do?

A: To contact the accommodation provider and book a viewing either use the Book a Viewing button or use the Contact Details in the main advert which will provide a telephone number.

Top Tip: If you are looking for a room in a shared property with other students don’t forget to change the ‘Whole Property or single Room Required?’ option to ‘Rooms in a shared property/large development’.

Begin my Property Search

Use the student noticeboard

The student noticeboard is a popular tool to help you meet other students to house hunt with or just to find a spare room in a student property.  You can read posts from other students and place your own posts too with details about what you are looking for, when you are arriving and for how long you need the room.

That sounds good - take me to the noticeboard

Look at Unipol’s own properties

Unipol has its own properties too and we normally have a number of options available.  You will identify our own properties through the green ‘thumbs up’ symbol with the U.  Many of our properties are also available to rent online so you can arrange your accommodation before you arrive. 

Unipol Properties

To talk through your options please email: Living with Unipol